[R] [FORGED] Unable to update R 3.4 to R 3.5 in Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Tue Sep 18 22:35:05 CEST 2018

On 09/18/2018 04:14 AM, RUPJYOTI DAS wrote:
> Dear All,
> I am using R to carry out RNA-Seq workflow in my standalone machine which
> needs the latest R version >=3.5. I was trying to update firstly removing
> the R 3.4 and reinstalling from scratch again the latest version. Can
> anybody just guide me how to carry out the process as I am getting only R
> 3.4 again and again.
> Also when I remove the
> *deb ... bionic-cran35 (mirror for R cran )*
>
> from the* source.list* file (opened by* sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list*)
> the command *sudo apt-get update* works fine which does not upgrade the R
> 3.4 to R 3.5.1.
> Adding the line
> *deb ... bionic-cran35/ *
> gives the attached error log*. **Please find the attached file and  do
> check.*
>
> Any answers and suggestions will be of immense help!
>
> Thanking you!

You may find the following link helpful.  I did.

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-r-on-ubuntu-18-04-quickstart

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--