[R] Accessing files from Linux Server

Wed Sep 26 11:28:53 CEST 2018

Hello,

There are functions in base R to access files, you will need an external
package only for special file types (such as, for instance, .xls or JSON).

At an R prompt type

?read.table
?readLines
?file
?scan

and start from there. I suggest you start with the first, it's the most
used of all. And tghe first of those pages have links to their companion
'write' versions.

There are also packages to read from the web.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas