[R] picewise function in nls....

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Fri Apr 19 20:55:44 CEST 2019

dear Ivan,
                       Thanks a lot....!

yours sincerely,
AKSHAY M KULKARNI

________________________________
From: Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2019 3:59 PM
To: akshay kulkarni
Subject: Re: [R] picewise function in nls....

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:12:06 +0000
akshay kulkarni <akshay_e4 using hotmail.com> wrote:

> But what do you mean by "since fx does not depend on any of the
> parameters you optimize in the nls() call."? Can you give an example?

By "parameters you optimize in the nls() call" I mean `a`. `a` does
not seem to be used in the calculation of `fx`. If it were, it would
have to look like:

fx <- function(x1, x2, a) { ... }
nls(y ~ a*(sin(x2) + fx(x1, x2, a)), start = list(a = ...))

so that nls() would be able to check different values of `a`.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]