[R] Example for Roxygen @eval tag?

Boris Steipe bor|@@@te|pe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Mon Apr 22 07:40:27 CEST 2019

Yes, that's where I started -  the vignette says:

    ... Run arbtirary R code with @eval.

    ... the @eval tag. It evaluates code and treats the result as if it
    was a literal roxygen tags. This makes it possible to eliminate
    duplication by writing functions.

The first thing I noticed was that it does not say anything about delimiters. By trial and error it seems to consider everything up to the next @... tag in the header. Things that are not R code create an error during devtools::document() processing. It seems the output is captured and processed, i.e. System.time() creates a not-a-string error, but as.character(System.time()) passes ... but then nothing appears in the .Rd - and I haven't been able to find a single example of @eval in use in the wild.

No joy.