[R] Multiple Lags with Dplyr

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 23 16:09:59 CEST 2019

lag.zoo supports vector-based lags on zoo objects.
A few caveats:

- dplyr's lag clobbers the base R lag (which you need to
invoke lag's methods) so if you have dplyr loaded be sure
to refer to stats::lag.

- dplyr's lag works backwards relative to the standard set
in base R so dplyr::lag(x, 1) corresponds to stat::lag(x, -1) in
base R

- zoo follows base R's standard

- you can use as.data.frame or fortify.zoo to convert a zoo
object to a data frame if you need that.  The first one
drops the time index and the second one includes it.

  library(zoo)
  stats::lag(zoo(d2$x1), 0:-2)

giving this zoo object:

   lag0 lag-1 lag-2