[R] Connect to Oracle database via ODBC

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @end|ng |rom me@com
Mon Aug 5 13:54:20 CEST 2019

> On Aug 5, 2019, at 7:03 AM, e-mail ma015k3113 via R-help <r-help using r-project.org> wrote:
>
> Dear All, can anyone point me towards information for connecting to a Oracle instance via DSN. I have already established a ODBC connection.
>
> Sorry if this is very elementary-I am just getting started with R after using SAS for almost 2 decades.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Ahson

Hi,

Look at the RODBC package on CRAN by Prof. Ripley:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RODBC/index.html

and be sure to read the package vignette for additional information:

  https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RODBC/vignettes/RODBC.pdf

There is also the r-sig-db e-mail list, which is focused in this domain, and where follow up questions should be posted: