[R] Need help with an iteration

PIKAL Petr petr@p|k@| @end|ng |rom prechez@@cz
Tue Aug 13 15:26:43 CEST 2019

Hi

I does not use Deducer so I do not know if it has some features for such task

In plain R instead
file.names <- dir(pattern = "*.txt")

 use
file.names <- list.files(pattern = "*.txt")

for(i in 1:length(file.names)){file <-
> read.table(file.names[i],header=TRUE) #
Here you want to change zeros to NA in TBC column

>    file[c("TBC")] <- recode.variables(file[c("TBC")] , "0 -> NA;")

is.na(file[, "TBC"]) <- (file[,"TBC"]==0)

This is cryptic for me

# Create new BW variable and data set then change data file name for
the analysis

but if I understand correctly, you want to have some summary statistics on each file

For this you could try
?apply, ?summary, ?fivenum or use your own function - something like

myf <-function(x) c(mean(x), min(x), max(x), sd(x))

Store result in one row
result[i,] <- apply(file, 2,myf)

Output result after cycle ends.
}
write.csv(result, "somename.csv")

Data frame "result" could be predefined based on number of your files and output columns.

Cheers
Petr