[R] Partition a vector into select groups with fixed length

Sun Aug 18 20:37:26 CEST 2019

Hello,

The following function will do it.
It uses a standard cumsum trick to create a break vector f.
And predicts special cases (n = 0 or n = 1).

breakVec <- function(x, n = 5){
   if(n < 1) stop(paste("Illegal value n:", n))
   if(n == 1){
     f = ""
   }else{
     f <- c(1, rep(0, n - 1))