[R] Adding a legend to a (multi-facet) plot produced by ggplot().

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Dec 1 01:04:46 CET 2019

I have been struggling to add a legend as indicated in the subject line,
with no success at all.  I find the help to be completely bewildering.

I have attached the code of what I have tried in the context of a simple
reproducible example.

I have also attached a pdf file of a plot produced with base graphics to
illustrate roughly what I am after.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow