[R] Still struggling with facet_grid_paginate() from package ggforce.

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Sun Dec 1 12:46:15 CET 2019

I am trying to produce a ggplot2 graphic in which there is a single
conditioning variable with a large number of levels (24).

If I use facet_grid() I get a plot with either 24 rows or 24 columns,
both of which look like hell.

I thought that facet_grid_paginate() would rescue me, but it doesn't
seem to.  I ask for 3 rows and 4 columns, and thought that I would get
two 3 x 4 pages  Instead I get six pages with only one row (of four
facets) per page.

Am I misunderstanding something?  Doing something silly?  Or is this a bug?

I have attached a reproducible example, along with the data set on which
it depends.

Grateful for any insight.

cheers,

Rolf Turner