[R] How to use preProcess in Caret?

Burak Kaymakci bur@k@ym@kc| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Dec 1 14:33:16 CET 2019

Hello there,

I am using caret and neuralnet to train a neural network to predict times
table. I am using 'backprop' algorithm for neuralnet to experiment and
learn.

Before using caret, I've trained a neuralnet without using caret, I've
normalized my input & outputs using preProcess with 'range' method. Then I
predicted my test set, did the multiplication and addition on predictions
to get the real values. It gave me good results.

What I want to ask is, when I try to train my network using caret, I get an
error saying algorithm did not converge. I am thinking that I might be
doing something wrong with my pre-processing,

How would I go about using preProcess in train?
Do I pass my not-normalized data set to the train function and train
function handles normalization internally?

You can find my R gist here
<https://gist.github.com/andreyuhai/f299282f5a827e2a27c586afc9eb4eb5>

Thank you,
Burak