[R] Error in FUN(X[[i]], ...) : subscript out of bounds

Neha gupta neh@@bo|ogn@90 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Dec 4 12:36:40 CET 2019

Hi , I know nobody will respond to my query as I asked few in the past and
no answer received for any of my questions. However, I am asking here with
the hope it will get responded.

I am using bayesian optimization to tune the parameter of mtry for random
forest but it gives me the error: Error in FUN(X[[i]], ...) : subscript out
of bounds

I am using the following code:

fit_bayes <- function(mtry) {
  ## Use the same model code but for a single (C, sigma) pair.
  mod <- train(Effort ~ ., data = tr,
               method = "rf",
               preProc = c("center", "scale", "zv"),
               metric = "RMSE",
               trControl = ctrl,
               tuneGrid = data.frame(C = 10^(mtry)))

  list(Score = -getTrainPerf(mod)[, "TrainRMSE"], Pred = 0)
}

library(rBayesianOptimization)

bounds <- list(mtry = c(-2,  5)

set.seed(8606)
bo_search <- BayesianOptimization(fit_bayes,
                                  bounds = bounds,
                                  init_points = 10,
                                  n_iter = 100,
                                  acq = "ucb",