[R] Having problems with the ifelse and negative numbers

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Dec 9 14:44:26 CET 2019

Hi Bob,
You wrote "the following error message" -
when in fact it is a Warning and not an error message. I think your
code does what you hoped it would do, in the sense it successfully
calculates the sqrt(abs(negativeNumber)), where appropriate.

If you want to run the code without seeing this warning message you can run

ifelse( A < 0, suppressWarnings(sqrt(-A)), A )

and you should be fine.

HTH,
Eric