[R] Converting Decimal numbers into Binary

William Michels wjm1 @end|ng |rom c@@@co|umb|@@edu
Fri Dec 27 17:43:29 CET 2019

Hi Paul,

Since you start from strings, it's not clear to me where ASCII enters
the picture. If you really need ASCII, you can use the charToInt()
function in the "R.oo" package. Also there's the AsciiToInt() function
in the  "sfsmisc" package. If you just want to use R's native
as.numeric() conversion, there's the digitsBase() function in the
"sfsmisc" package:

> library(sfsmisc)
> digitsBase(as.numeric("63"), base = 2)
Class 'basedInt'(base = 2) [1:1]