[R] Converting Decimal numbers into Binary

Fri Dec 27 18:31:41 CET 2019

Hello,

Your code and the answers provided, specially Marc's, led me to

utf8ToBin <- function(x, out = c("ascii", "dec", "bin")){
   out <- match.arg(out)
   ascii_datformat <- utf8ToInt(x)
   Base <- ascii_datformat - 48
   Base <- ifelse(Base > 40, Base - 8, Base)
   Bin <- R.utils::intToBin(Base)
   switch (out,
     "ascii" = ascii_datformat,
     "dec" = Base,