[R] Statistical tests on residuals

Sun Dec 29 17:41:35 CET 2019

Hello,

Inline.

Às 16:28 de 29/12/19, Neha gupta escreveu:
> Hi
>
> I have continuous data I.e regression based. If I have residuals for
> algorithm 1 and algorithm 2 like this,
>
> X=resid(alg1) and y=resid (alg2)
>
> Can we perform the Wilcoxon test as.
>
> Wilcox.test(x,y)

Probably not, R is case sensitive and without loading an external
package that instruction will give an error. Try

wilcox.test(x, y)

with *lower* case *w*.

By the way, why would you test the residuals of regression fits?
It doesn't make sense, especially if the models (algorithms) assume
residuals with mean zero. I suggest you learn more about the techniques
you are using to model your data before trying to test.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas