[R] [FORGED] Re: rmgarch: source package installation problem

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Tue Dec 31 00:01:53 CET 2019

On 31/12/19 12:29 am, Pietro Coretto wrote:

> On 30/12/2019 12.11, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> On 30/12/2019 5:59 a.m., Pietro Coretto wrote:
> [...]
>> You didn't show us the command you used to install it.
>>
>> Duncan Murdoch
>

> Sorry for this,
>

> I used the following:
>
> install.packages("rmgarch")
>
> from the linux command line, using both a regular user account and root.
> Same issue anyway.

Did you *really* issue that command from the linux command line?  This
makes no sense at all.  That is a command to be issued from the R console.

Under Linux, that command, issued from the R console, will I believe
install from source.  Under Windoze or Mac OS this is (as I understand
it) not the case.

To install from source under Mac OS I *think* you should:

(1) Download the source package rmgarch_1.3-7.tar.gz from CRAN

(2) From the command line (in a terminal window) issue the command

     R CMD INSTALL rmgarch_1.3-7.tar.gz -l <library name>

     where "<library name>" is the name of the directory in which you
     keep your "privately" installed packages.

     You need ("of course") to have all the necessary tools and compilers
     installed for this to work.

     The source "rmgarch_1.3-7.tar.gz" must be place in the same
     directory as that from which you opened the terminal window.

Something like this should also work under Windoze, but there are
probably extra "gotchas" under that system, and I can give you no
guidance there.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--