[R] CRAN Task View: Optimization and Mathematical Programming

Oliver Dechant dech@nt @end|ng |rom d@|@c@
Wed Feb 6 18:07:35 CET 2019

On 2019-02-06 12:36 p.m., Rich Shepard wrote:
> The task view lists many R packages for optimization and I would appreciate
> suggestions from those familiar with the available tools for packages that
> might be suitable for water management.
>
> Limited water resources need to be apportioned among various competing
> users
> (e.g,, agriculture, fish and wildlife, Tribes, potable human water
> supplies). I'm looking for R packages that can be applied to this type of
> constrained optimization problem.
>
> Pointers to other resources also welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rich

Hello,

For other resources, I was recently looking at MDP research and several
packages. I found one which originates from ecological modeling
specifically so I thought to share it with you.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/MDPtoolbox/index.html

Other than reading the papers I have no practical experience applying
that package.

Hope that helps.
--
Oliver Dechant