[R] [FORGED] I'm Working On A Data Security Article - Quick Question

Rolf Turner r@turner @end|ng |rom @uck|@nd@@c@nz
Mon Feb 11 10:26:13 CET 2019

On 2/11/19 3:57 AM, Murris Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a quick question for you about a page on your site that briefly
> mentions a data security topic, https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2008-May/162561.html.
>

> I plan on writing a few guest authored articles in the next month or so
> that talk about data security & breaches, are you ok with me possibly
> linking to your above-mentioned webpage?
>

> I'm not entirely sure which sites I may link to or reference in the
> articles yet, but I'd like to have a few different options to choose
> from... so please let me know what you think when you have a moment to let
> me know. Whatever you decide, thanks for your time and I don't expect a
> response if you're not interested. Thanks.

Are you pulling our legs?

Personally I haven't got a clue what you are asking.

Also, please note that r-help is a world wide "community" with hundreds
of thousands of members.  (I am but one of this large and unruly mob.)
It is not a single entity or "site".  (There is a formal organisation
that runs the R show, but you are not really addressing this formal
organisation.)

The URL that you refer to is a joke!  Apparently some idiotic Windoze
antiviral software once identified the R executable for Windoze as being
a virus.  This is not to taken seriously.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow