[R] particle count probability

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 21 00:24:18 CET 2019

Okay, suppose the viewing field is circular and we consider two
particles as in the attached image.

Probability of being within the field:
R0 > sqrt((x1+R1-x0)^2 + (y1+R1-y0)^2)
Probability of being outside the field:
R0 < sqrt((x2-R1-x0)^2 + (y2-R1-y0)^2)

Since these are the limiting cases, it looks like the averaging I
suggested will work.

Jim