[R] particle count probability

Jim Lemon drj|m|emon @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Feb 21 11:35:55 CET 2019

Hi Petr,
My second message was to show that if you take the limiting cases of
"just inside" and "just outside" - which should have been:

just inside the field:
R0 = sqrt((x1+R1-x0)^2 + (y1+R1-y0)^2)
just outside the field:
R0 = sqrt((x2-R1-x0)^2 + (y2-R1-y0)^2)

the two differences are equal along any radius, supporting the
averaging strategy.

Jim