[R] Which dependency list to build first?

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Tue Feb 26 14:47:38 CET 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019, Martin Maechler wrote:

> I'm not the expert on these problems, but as nobody else has
> replied:

Martin,

Thanks for responding.

> My experience is that both Rcpp and BH need  "often" to be re-installed if
> your system updates in some way. IIUC, 'LinkingTo:' is actually a misnomer
> (as e.g. the Rcpp maintainer has known and told us about often enough),
> here, because it's more a "including C++ header templates from"
>
> So, I'd re-install first  Rcpp, then BH,  and then "your"
> package.

Did this, and ...

> Please let us (= the audience) know if that helped.

there's still an unresolved issue with package 'later':

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘later’ in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
  unable to load shared object '/usr/lib/R/library/later/libs/later.so':
   /usr/lib/R/library/later/libs/later.so: undefined symbol: __atomic_fetch_add_8
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed
* removing ‘/usr/lib/R/library/later’
* restoring previous ‘/usr/lib/R/library/later’

I urge everyone with more ideas to share them.

Regards,

Rich