[R] Fit CMARS with R possible (Packages) ?

Marc Schwartz m@rc_@chw@rtz @ending from me@com
Sat Jan 5 00:26:44 CET 2019

Hi,

Like Bert, I was not able to find anything built in R.

It is possible that CMARS has not yet been implemented in R, or may be in development but not yet ready for release.

I found several references to the use of MOSEK (https://www.mosek.com) along with MATLAB, but both are commercial products.

The MOSEK developers appear to have an Rmosek interface package:

  https://docs.mosek.com/8.1/rmosek/index.html

which provides access to the MOSEK functionality via R. But, it requires MOSEK...

Perhaps others with more refined knowledge will jump in. It might also be reasonable to consider contacting what appears to be a small-ish group of common authors that I came across in the search who have described the methodology (e.g. Taylan or Yerlikaya-Özkurt) to see if they are aware of any R implementations.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz