[R] CRAN updates

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd @ending from debi@n@org
Sat Jan 5 15:06:35 CET 2019

On 5 January 2019 at 05:46, Rich Shepard wrote:
|    Is there a file where I can specify the repository to use when upgrading
| packages rather than having R ask each time?

Many ways. You want to set options(repos) -- see eg help(download.packages)
and see help(Startup) for the many ways where you can do that.

The Debian packages do it for you as the question is i) silly and ii) we now
a globally valid and "best" (as in: fast, local network mirror) solution. You
can add these six lines to Rprofile.site (as Debian does) or your ~/.Rprofile
or ...

  ## We set the cloud mirror, which is 'network-close' to everybody, as default
  local({
      r <- getOption("repos")
      r["CRAN"] <- "https://cloud.r-project.org"
      options(repos = r)