[R] Mailinglist

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil @ending from dcn@d@vi@@c@@u@
Sun Jan 6 01:15:07 CET 2019

Not really. This is R-help, not R-do-my-work-for-me. You need to make enough progress in doing your work that you can ask a focused question about how to do some step of your work in R before your query will be answerable on this mailing list. Once you have started your work you will have some code and sample data you can share with us that w can run so we can understand your question (code without data is often really confusing). Note that R is text-based, and so is this mailing list... when you allow your email program to add HTML formatting to the email you send, the formatting will get removed anyway and the plain text that remains is often not readable or R won't understand the code... so follow the Posting Guide and set your email program to send plain text to begin with.

Some useful readings are [1][2][3], and don't forget the Posting Guide mentioned in the footer of this and every posting on this mailing list. If you haven't already found an intro to R that you like, you might read [4].

Finally... please notice that RStudio provides one possible (very nice) way to interact with R, but this mailing list is indeed about R and not that specific user interface. You have to install R before RStudio can even be used, so you can always test your problem in R to be sure which program is causing your difficulty. If your question only arises when RStudio is being used then it doesn't belong here.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the vignette)

[4] https://rstudio-education.github.io/hopr/