[R] importing data error question

Fox, John jfox @ending from mcm@@ter@c@
Fri Jan 11 14:48:38 CET 2019

Dear Petr and jihee,

The Rcmdr can import Excel files, and as I just verified, it can do so on a Mac listing files of all types (*) in the open-file dialog box (which is the default).

So, as Petr suggests, more information is required to help you, including the versions of macOS, R, and all packages you have loaded. In particular, does the problem occur when you try to read the Excel file *without* FactoMineR and SensoMineR loaded? Also, when the does problem occur -- immediately when you select Data > Import data > From Excel file, or at some other point?

Best,
 John

  John Fox, Professor Emeritus
  McMaster University