[R] Potential R bug in identical

Layik Hama L@H@m@ @end|ng |rom |eed@@@c@uk
Thu Jan 17 15:55:18 CET 2019

Hi,

My first email to r-help and as I am not sure about the issue, I wanted to ask for help first.

The comments under this thread <https://github.com/ropensci/stats19/pull/83> outline a particular string from a dataset which seems to be read by R on Windows differently to Linux and MacOS and also to bash on Ubuntu Bionic. There seems to be some weird and unidentifiable (to me) characters in front of the `Accidents_Index` column name there causing the length to be 17 rather than 14 characters.

I have inspected the string as best as I could and cannot see why we see the output from a Windows machine.

Is it an issue in `read.table()`?

Thanks

---

Layik Hama