[R] Printing a list of simultaneous equations

Fri Jan 18 16:05:20 CET 2019

Don't use the default print method then. When you type an expression alone at the console it uses a print function to convert the result to characters for output. The default print method for matrices of character uses quotes to show the exact contents of each character string.

Convert the matrix to a single string using  paste for each line, then paste the lines together with newlines, then cat the string to the console. You will probably find that converting the individual elements into strings with uniform string length (using sprintf?) as you add them into the matrix makes the final output look better.