[R] Newbie Question on R versus Matlab/Octave versus C

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothend|eck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 29 16:11:14 CET 2019

Two additional comments:

- depending on the nature of your problem you may be able to get an
analytic solution using branching processes. I found this approach
successful when I once had to model stem cell growth.

- in addition to NetLogo another alternative to R would be the Julia
language which is motivated to some degree by Octave but is actually
quite different and is particularly suitable in terms of performance
for iterative computations where one iteration depends on the prior
one.

email: ggrothendieck at gmail.com