[R] Conditional Logistic Regression with Multilevel Data [using clogistic() in Epi and lmer() in lme4???]

Heather H Kettrey hkettre @end|ng |rom c|em@on@edu
Tue Jul 2 14:58:48 CEST 2019

I need to run some conditional logistic regression models on a multilevel matched dataset (propensity score matched data from multiple research sites).

I can pretty easily use the clogistic() function in the Epi package to run conditional logistic regression models on each separate/nested subset of the data (e.g., data obtained from each research site separately). However, I cannot figure out how to run an aggregate analysis (of all aggregated sites) in a way that accounts for clustering.

When using unconditional logistic regression I can run the aggregate analysis lmer() function in the lme4 package. However, I cannot figure out how to run conditional logistic regression with the lmer() function (I am also open to any other packages/functions that might work).

Thanks in advance for help with this.

Heather Hensman Kettrey, PhD

Assistant Professor of Sociology

Clemson University