[R] mirt-simdata question.

Suna Paek p@ek @end|ng |rom uwm@edu
Thu Jul 11 15:03:58 CEST 2019

Thank you for answering.
I know mirt is not related the distribution of categories.
My study is factor analysis results difference of limited information methods and full information methods. I need a simulation data to compare those. And limited information factor analysis need an assumption of normality.

I do not know whether other ways of simulating code for multi- dimensions and categorical items than Mirt.
If you have some idea, please let me know.

Thank you for quick answering.
I always think R is the best program. I appreciate all team of R-program.

Best,

Soonhwa(Suna) Paek
University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
Educational Psychology- Statistics and Measurements
262-441-3019. paek using uwm.edu

________________________________
From: Doran, Harold <HDoran using air.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:42:56 AM
To: Suna Paek; R-help using R-project.org
Subject: RE: mirt-simdata question.

You're asking a question unrelated to R programming and so you won't get a useful response here. However, your question also suggests a misunderstanding of IRT. Generating multi-dimensional data involves generating ability estimates with additional nuisance dimensions and that has no relationship with the distributional properties of the categorical values.

Probably better to start a thread on another email list that can help you first understand MIRT.