[R] need help in if else condition

Richard O'Keefe r@oknz @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jul 16 15:32:23 CEST 2019

I didn't communicate my problem to R-Sig-Debian because I had never
previously
heard of them.  Thank you for the tip.
Poking through the recent archives there I see other people
have had (different) trouble with the Bionic repository.

Fortunately, the instructions at
https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-install-r-on-ubuntu-18-04/
worked, after I first removed the existing installation of R.
All I had to do after that was reinstall about 180 packages.
Is there a way to do this automatically?

However, having installed "Action of the Toes" (are R releases named
by Culture AIs, by any chance?) I still find
> x <- runif(1000000)
> y <- runif(1000000)
> system.time(ifelse(x < y, x, y))
   user  system elapsed