[R] Problem with save/load across R versions and OS

Sebastien Bihorel @eb@@t|en@b|hore| @end|ng |rom cogn|gencorp@com
Wed Jul 17 19:54:40 CEST 2019

Hi,

Yes, I tried save/load... same failure.
But I did not yet try dump/source or dput/dget. I will

From: "Bert Gunter" <bgunter.4567 using gmail.com>
To: "Sebastien Bihorel" <sebastien.bihorel using cognigencorp.com>
Cc: "R-help" <r-help using r-project.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:27:24 AM
Subject: Re: [R] Problem with save/load across R versions and OS

Did you try plain save/load ??
Also ?dump/source
?dput/dget

Bert Gunter

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and sticking things into it."

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 1:38 AM Sebastien Bihorel < [ mailto:sebastien.bihorel using cognigencorp.com | sebastien.bihorel using cognigencorp.com ] > wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to transfer an S4 object from a machine working with CentOS 7.2 / R 3.4.3 to another one running Linux Mint 19 / R 3.6.0. If I save the object using saveRDS in obj.rds, loadRDS returns an "unknown input format" error on my Linux Mint machine. Interestingly enough, obj.rds loads just fine in a 3rd machine running Windows Server 2012 / R 3.4.3. I tried also using save and load and various values of the ascii and compression arguments, but still no cigar...

Do you have recommendations on how to successfully transfer my object to my Linux Mint machine?

Thanks

Sebastien