[R] Capturing positive and negative changes using R

Daniel Nordlund djnord|und @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Jul 21 09:59:12 CEST 2019

Here is one more option using the ave() function. Using Jim's data and
naming convention

fkdf$X1_change <- ave(fkdf[,'X1'], fkdf$Country, FUN=function(x)
c(0,diff(x)))
fkdf$X2_change <- ave(fkdf[,'X2'], fkdf$Country, FUN=function(x)
c(0,diff(x)))

hope this is helpful,

Dan

--