[R] Survey Data - comparing multiple groups

Mavra Ahmed m@vz@@hmed @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Fri Jul 26 03:23:59 CEST 2019

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to assess whether the mean of carbohydrate intake (dependent variable = continuous) is significantly different between five groups (groups = people categorized into five different groups) (independent variable= categorical). This is survey data with replicates and therefore I have changed the structure of the data to svyrepdesign.

I have ran Kruskal Wallis as follows but get the following error:

svyranktest(CARB ~ group, df, test=c("KruskalWallis"))

> Error in if (this.n == 1 && !this.certain) { :

  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

I also ran svyglm but am unable to conduct this test to look at comparisons between groups:

summary(svyglm(CARB ~ group, design=df, family=gaussian))

I would like to be able to get p-values between the groups and be able to adjust for multiple comparisons and would appreciate if someone can guide me.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mav

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]