[R] Mysterious NOTE when checking package

Christian Martin Hennig chr|@t|@n@henn|g @end|ng |rom un|bo@|t
Mon Jun 3 18:13:25 CEST 2019

Dear list members,

checking my updated version of prabclus with R-devel --as-cran I get a
mysterious note:

"* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... NOTE
Checking should be performed on sources prepared by ‘R CMD build’."

(No further information is given on that one in 00check.log.)

But my source is in fact put together by R CMD build.

Can anybody tell me what could be wrong here and how to remove the note?

DESCRIPTION looks like this:

Package: prabclus
Title: Functions for Clustering and Testing of Presence-Absence,
Abundance and Multilocus Genetic Data
Version: 2.3-1