[R] how to identify record with broken format

Luigi Marongiu m@rong|u@|u|g| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 5 12:12:50 CEST 2019

Dear all,
I have a large dataframe where one of the records in a column must
have been wrongly formatted, in particular i think is missing a
closing ".
When I try to show only that column's value I get a [1] with plenty of
empty space, the final record [45] and the system freezes. also, when
i try to plot i get a table's printout instead of a real plot.

Is there a way to identify the record with the format? On a
spreadsheet or text editor, all records seem OK; end there are too
many records to visually inspect them all.

--
Best regards,
Luigi