[R] not a good way to reply on "How to save components in pls model"

Mon Jun 24 07:43:52 CEST 2019

ccd to the list, as this is about R-help.

It appears that you do not think I replied respectfully to your question. I am sorry you feel that way, but I genuinely do not understand what you are trying to accomplish, and I do think the reason I am not understanding is because you need to be more specific about what you want to do, not because I am a rude person making fun of you. A plain text email list can be a difficult forum in which to communicate, and the question has to be clear in writing or the answer you get may be an answer to a different question than you had in mind.

For example, a common mistake is to call an analysis function but fail to assign the returned object to a variable. You have in fact saved your result after a fashion, but you appear to want something else.

There is a `save` function in R that will save all variables in your workspace to a file on disk (we typically append an .RData or .rda extension to the file name for such a file). The drawback to that function is that (almost?) no other program will be able to read it... but it is convenient for restoring your results in R later.

If you do want another program to read it then there are (very!) many possible functions that could be useful, but the one we recommend will require that we know what program or data file format you want to save your data in so that it can be read by another program.

I hope you now understand why I asked: what do you want to accomplish?