[R] Output for pasting multiple vectors

Spencer Brackett @pbr@ckett20 @end|ng |rom @@|ntjo@ephh@@com
Tue Jun 25 17:45:20 CEST 2019

Mr. Barradas,

I got the same "output" as before, which is the + indicating that the
expression is incomplete (according to some R users response in this
chain).

Should the argument perhaps be c1 = strsplit(i, split = '\\', fixed =
T)[[1]] .... thereby eliminating the "." ?
The reprex and error message as the result of this is the same as the
previous one I sent.

I will send a more detailed description of what code I have done so far for
context.

Best,

Spencer

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:30 AM Rui Barradas <ruipbarradas using sapo.pt> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Maybe with
>
> c1 = strsplit(i, split = '\\.', fixed = T)[[1]]
>
> instead of split = '.'
>
> The dot is a metacharacter that matches any character so it has to be
> escaped.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Rui Barradas
>
> Às 16:11 de 25/06/19, Spencer Brackett escreveu:
> > c1 = strsplit(i,split ='.', fixed = T)[[1]]

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]