[R] Issue with t.test

SMRUTI BULSARI b@mrut| @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Tue Mar 12 20:34:14 CET 2019

I am writing this e-mail as I have come across one issue while performing t-test using R. If the function t.test(�) is used, a p-value of 1 is obtained for a calculated t-value greater than 1.96. If the t-value is greater than 1.96, the null hypothesis is rejected. However, if the p-value is greater than 0.05, one may say that there is not enough evidence to reject the null hypothesis. Thus, a t-value of greater than 1.96 and a p-value of 1 leaves the user of R software confused on whether to reject or not to reject the null. Moreover, how can p-value of stochastic process be exactly equal to 1? Can you please guide me on whom should I report this issue to? Or can you please forward this issue to the appropriate person / team?

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Smruti Bulsari

Assistant Professor
Department of Human Resource Development
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
Surat - 395 007
(Gujarat) INDIA

Ph:+91-261-2256071 (Ext. 204)

Alternate E-mail: sbbulsari using vnsgu.ac.in

LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/smruti-bulsari-0a30b312/

Blog Posts: https://wordpress.com/posts/smrutibulsari.wordpress.com

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]