[R] Modularity Analysis in R, bipartite or rnetcarto package?

Chelsea Hinton che|@e@rh|nton @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Mar 16 23:09:22 CET 2019

Hello,

I have constructed a plant-pollinator network and would like to conduct a
modularity analysis using the algorithm developed by Guimera and Amaral
(2005) and the thresholds assigned by Olesen et al. (2007). In researching
functions to accomplish this in R, I found the netcarto function in
'rnetcarto' package AND the czvalues function in the 'bipartite' package.
Both functions state they use the previously mentioned formulae and
thresholds. I am hoping to gather insight on which one is best to use. The
results produced by both functions are close in values but given the
assigned thresholds (c>0.62, z>2.5 determine whether the lower trophic
level species can be connectors or hubs) make a huge difference in my
conclusions if they are right around these thresholds. Can anyone provide
insight into which function is best suited for this particular analysis?
Please send response to chelsearhinton using gmail.com

Thank you,

Chelsea Hinton
Graduate Assistant
Department of Biological Sciences