[R] Memmory issue

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Mon May 6 15:05:04 CEST 2019

Dear Ravindra,

My guess is that you're using the 32-bit version of R for Windows rather than the 64-bit version. Read question 2.9 in the R FAQ for Windows  <https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#There-seems-to-be-a-limit-on-the-memory-it-uses_0021>.

If this is the case, the solution is to use the 64-bit version of R, which normally would be installed along with the 32-bit version.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox
Professor Emeritus