[R] to run an older version of R on my machine

Bogdan Tanasa t@n@@@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 23 21:38:14 CEST 2019

Dear all,

if you could help me please with a solution to a simple question :

i believe that my ubuntu machine automatically installed R 3.6.0 : when i
type : > R. it says :

R version 3.6.0 (2019-04-26) -- "Planting of a Tree"
Copyright (C) 2019 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)

However, I need to use a previous version of R, namely R 3.5, that was
installed and did run on my Ubuntu machine, and I can see lots of folders
in the directory (a long list follows below) :

/home/bogdan/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5

Please would you advise how can I revert to R 3.5 instead of using R 3.6 .
Thanks a lot,

bogdan

ps : the list of folders in ~/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.5

abind/
acepack/
ALL/
alphahull/