[R] Identifying presence of Java

Dennis Fisher ||@her @end|ng |rom p|e@@th@n@com
Sun Nov 10 21:26:23 CET 2019

Abby

I assume that your OS in Windows — shell is Windows only.  Fortunately, it appears that the changing “shell” to “system” works in OS X.
So, now I have a solution for both OSs.

This issue was a prelude to a larger issue that I will address in a separate email.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com <http://www.plessthan.com/>

> On Nov 10, 2019, at 11:49 AM, Abby Spurdle <spurdle.a using gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  shell ("Java -version 2>&1", intern=TRUE)

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]