[R] Can't get facet_grid_paginate() from ggforce to work.

Sun Nov 17 14:07:12 CET 2019

Hello,

I don't know why but use an explicit nrow = nrows with 'nrows' defined as

nrows <- length(levels(X$Species))

It seems to work (remove the device pdf() code if it's more annoying
than useful):

nrows <- length(levels(X$Species))
ncols <- length(levels(X$LifeStage))
npages <- length(levels(X$degC))

plotObj <- vector("list", npages)

pdf(file = 'Rhelp_test.pdf')
for(page in 1:npages) {nrows <- length(levels(X$Species))
ncols <- length(levels(X$LifeStage))
npages <- length(levels(X$degC))

plotObj <- vector("list", npages)

pdf(file = 'Rhelp_test.pdf')
for(page in 1:npages) {
   plotObj[[page]] <- ggplot(X) +
     geom_point(aes(y = Sfrac , x = x)) +
     facet_grid_paginate(facets = Species ~ LifeStage:degC,
                         page = page,
                         nrow = nrows, ncol = ncols)+
     ylab("Success fraction") +
     theme_bw()
   print(ggplot(X) +
     geom_point(aes(y = Sfrac , x = x)) +
     facet_grid_paginate(facets = Species ~ LifeStage:degC,
                         page = page,
                         nrow = nrows, ncol = ncols)+
     ylab("Success fraction") +
     theme_bw()
   )
}
dev.off()

print(plotObj[[1]])
print(plotObj[[2]])

   plotObj[[page]] <- ggplot(X) +
     geom_point(aes(y = Sfrac , x = x)) +
     facet_grid_paginate(facets = Species ~ LifeStage:degC,
                         page = page,
                         nrow = nrows, ncol = ncols)+
     ylab("Success fraction") +
     theme_bw()
   print(ggplot(X) +
     geom_point(aes(y = Sfrac , x = x)) +
     facet_grid_paginate(facets = Species ~ LifeStage:degC,
                         page = page,
                         nrow = nrows, ncol = ncols)+
     ylab("Success fraction") +
     theme_bw()