[R] Why don't the comments appear in the function?

Mon Nov 25 19:17:53 CET 2019

Dunno.

> R.Version()
$platform
[1] "x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0"

$arch
[1] "x86_64"

$os
[1] "darwin15.6.0"

$system
[1] "x86_64, darwin15.6.0"

$status
[1] ""

$major
[1] "3"

$minor
[1] "6.1"

$year
[1] "2019"

$month
[1] "07"

$day
[1] "05"

$`svn rev`
[1] "76782"

$language
[1] "R"

$version.string
[1] "R version 3.6.1 (2019-07-05)"

$nickname
[1] "Action of the Toes"

You should upgrade to the latest version (which I have not done yet) if you
haven't already done so.

Additional notes:
I saw the same results at the command line from R -- vanilla that I got
from the RStudio console(what I showed you). Have you done this? This
should indicate whether it might have something to do with your
environment, etc..

However, executing the file with Rscript stripped the comments from both
g[[2]] and g[2].

Cheers,
Bert