[R] giving priority to stats package

Greg Snow 538280 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Nov 25 19:27:40 CET 2019

You could use the `pos` arg to place the newly loaded package(s) on
the search path after the stats package.  That would give priority for
any functions in the stats package over the newly loaded package (but
also give priority for any other packages earlier on the search path).

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 6:25 AM Gabor Grothendieck
<ggrothendieck using gmail.com> wrote:

> library and require have new args in 3.6 giving additional control
> over conflicts.  This seems very useful but I was wondering if there
> were some, preferabley simple, way to give existing loaded packages
> priority without knowing the actual conflicts in advance.  For example
>
>     library(dplyr, exclude = c("filter", "lag"))
>
> works to avoid masking those names in stats that would otherwise be
> masked by that package but I had to know in advance that filter and
> lag were the conflicting names.
>
> --
> Statistics & Software Consulting
> GKX Group, GKX Associates Inc.