[R] Conditions

Wed Nov 27 04:56:28 CET 2019

I generally find nested ifelse's to be confusing and prone to error, so I
usually prefer to proceed sequentially using subsetting with logicals or
replicated, but not nested ifelse's. In your example, the translation to
logical indexing seems pretty straightforward.

Using your example:

> dat2 <-within(dat2,
   {
      d4 <- d1 ## d1. 0 when d1 == 0