[R] Parameters optimization in r

James Spottiswoode j@me@ @end|ng |rom j@@@oc@com
Sat Oct 12 02:31:00 CEST 2019

Hi,

I’ve often come across this problem and have found genetic algorithms (GA) to be extremely useful. I wrote my first GA code in the 80’s and have extensive experience with the method. The package rgenoud is a very full featured  GA implementation.  Just code up your parameters as arguments to the function giving your method, random forests or whatever, then define a target variable for performance or fitness such as AUC or R^2, whatever is appropriate, and let the GA climb to the top of the fitness landscape.  If you have a large problem you may want to speed things up by using parallel processes across cores or machines.  Rgenoud handles that well.

Good luck!

James