[R] Question about geometric mean

Rich Shepard r@hep@rd @end|ng |rom @pp|-eco@y@@com
Fri Oct 18 15:29:39 CEST 2019

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Mehdi Dadkhah wrote:

> I am using Interpretive structural modeling (ISM) ...

> My question is: How should I calculate geometric mean of experts’ opinions

I'm not a statistician, nor do I know anything about ISM. With that
disclosure I offer a couple of thoughts.

First, the calculation of a geometric mean involves multiplying the 'n' data
points and taking the 'nth' root of the product.

Second, expert (and others') opinions are along a continuum of a set,
perhaps ranging from 'Completely False' to 'Completely True'. I addressed
the need to quantify this subjectivity in environmental impact assessments
by using fuzzy sets and fuzzy logic in applying Thomas Saaty's 'Analytical
Hierarchy Process.'

Perhaps these thoughts are usfull for you.

Regards,

Rich